It's hard to believe Labor Day is right around the corner! This annual holiday, observed on the first Monday in September, not only signifies the unofficial end of the summer season, but honors the contributions and achievements of the American worker.
However you're spending your Labor Day weekend, take a moment to think about why we celebrate it in the first place. Acknowledge the power of labor, for, as Sophocles said, "Without labor, nothing prospers." But, at the same time, appreciate your day without labor.
Here are the best collection of quotes and sayings for Labor Day!
"We wish you all - Happy Labor Day 2013"
- Labor Day is a glorious holiday because your child will be going back to school the next day. It would have been called Independence Day, but that name was already taken. ~Bill Dodds
- Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but the blessing of earth is toil. ~Henry van Dyke
- I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson
- God give me work, till my life shall end And life, till my work is done. ~Epitaph
- Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. ~Confucius
- The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen
- Labor disgraces no man unfortunately,
you occasionally fine men who disgrace labor. ~Anonymous
- A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity. ~Thomas Jefferson
- Work is no disgrace;
the disgrace is idleness. ~Greek Proverb
- Sweat cleanses from the inside. It comes from places a shower will never reach. ~George Sheehan
- Man is so made that
he can only find relaxation
from one kind of labor by
taking up another. ~Anonymous
- Thunder is good,
Thunder is impressive;
But it is lightning that does the work. ~Mark Twain
- We must learn to live together as brothers or we are going to perish together as fools. ~Martin Luther King
- Working hard and working smart sometimes can be two different things. ~Byron Dorgan
- God sells us all things at the price of labor. ~Leonardo da Vinci
- Work isn't to make money;
you work to justify life. ~Anonymous
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. ~Martin Luther King Jr.
- Labor rids us of three great evils; Tediousness, Vice and Poverty. ~Anonymous
- Many times a day I realize how much my own life is built upon the labors of my fellowmen, and how earnestly I must exert myself in order to give in return as much as I have received. ~Albert Einstein
- Nothing got without pains but an ill name and long nails. ~Scottish Proverb
- Labor is the only prayer that Nature answers. ~Anonymous
- All wealth is the product of labor. ~John Locke
- A bad day at work is better than a good day in hell. ~Scott Johnson
- Management is nothing more than motivating other people. ~Lee lacocca
- If you want to kill time, try working it to death. ~Sam Levonson
- Before the reward there must be labor.
You plant before you harvest.
You sow in tears before you reap joy. ~Anonymous
- It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage,that we move on to better things. ~Theodore Roosevelt
- There is precious little hope to be got out of whatever keeps us industrious, but there is a chance for us whenever we cease work and become stargazers. ~H.M. Tomlinson
Happy Labor Day!