Full Name : Angelina Jolie Voight
Born : June 04, 1975
Zodiac Sign : Gemini
Place of Birth : Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Education : Beverly Hills High School
Height : 5' 8"
Citizenship : United States, Cambodia, Sarajevo (honorary)
Occupation : Activist, Film Actress, Screenwriter, Film Director
Spouse(s) : Jonny Lee Miller (1996-1999)
Billy Bob Thornton (2000-2003)
Partner(s) : Brad Pitt (2005-present)
Children : 6
Parents : Jon Voight, Marcheline Bertrand
Relatives : James Haven (brother)
Chip Taylor (uncle)
Interesting Facts about Jolie
- One of Angelina's nickname is Catwoman.
- Angelina Jolie has tried to eat bee larvae, crickets and cockroaches and surprising enough, she even loved the roaches.
- Jolie's first tattoo is a dragon, a Japanese symbol for death. She also has a tattoo of the Tennessee Williams quote, "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages" on her left forearm.
She has the longitudes and latitudes of her kids birthplaces tattooed on her arm, along with the birthplace of her significant other, Brad Pitt.
- Angelina is one of the few lucky people that will be able to see the earth from space. She has made a reservation to fly into space on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic.
- Angelina married actor Jonny Lee Miller in a black leather pants and a white shirt, on which she painted her husband's name in her own blood (across the back).
- Jolie is the goddaughter of actress Jacqueline Bisset.
- Angelina likes eating in McDonalds and munching on Cheerios cereal. She is a big fan of the TV show King of the Hill and Animal Planet. Angelina's favorite author is Ayn Rand, which is why she was offered the main role in the movie adaptation of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged.
- Angelina keeps her famous lips healthy with Blistex brand lip balm.
- As one of her many hobbies, Angelina collects Knives and First Edition Books.
- Angelina has been rated one of People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People".
- Angelina is of Czech and American descent on her father's side, and French and Haudenosaunee heritage on her mother's side.
- 'Jolie' is technically her middle name..
Getting back to Angie's strained relationship with her father, in September of 2002 the actress legally dropped 'Voight' as her last name. Final nail in the coffin much?
- Angelina began modelling at age 14. She eventually played real-life supermodel Gia Carangi in the HBO biopic "Gia," Jolie's first breakthrough role.
- In the early 1990's, Angelina began to suffer from depression and began cutting herself. She told Allure in 2004, "I had that problem early on when I couldn't feel a bond with another human being."
- In 1998 Angelina began a relationship with her 'Firefox' costar, Jenny Shimizu, who once was a mechanic before she became an actress.
- The first film Angelina appeared in was 'Lookin' to Get Out', with her father Jon Voight when she was six years old.
- Angelina Jolie often wore second hand clothes while she attended Beverly Hills high school. Her single parent mother had little support from her father.
- Angelina Jolie was nearly kidnapped while visiting refugee camp. She won't say when or where but does concede that she barely escaped.
- Angelina always wanted to be a Vampire when she was a child. She still collects Vampire books.
- Angelina is afraid of being buried alive. She actually says that she thinks about death a lot. She says that she thinks about death because she just loves living so much.
- When she was a child, Angelina Jolie studied embalming and wanted to be an undertaker. Coincidentally, according to Life & Style Weekly, Jolie in 2008 rented a Cedar Creek ranch in Texas that is owned by the pro wrestler while her boyfriend and children's father, BradPitt, filmed the movie 'Tree of Life'.
- Angelina confessed in an interview with London's Mail on Sunday, that she doesn't like being hugged. She said, 'Growing up, I had a thing about people hugging me, even my mother, I'm holding my breath now just talking about it'.